- » HeartMath
- » Health Coaching
- » Biofeedback
- » Hypnosis
- » Sports and Performance
- » CORE Myofascial Massage
- » Canine Massage
- » Deep Tissue Massage
- » Active Isolated Stretching
- » Swedish Massage
- » Cancer, HIV / AIDS & Hospice
The core of this system is a set of scientifically validated tools and techniques that can help people of all ages renew energy, gain greater mental and emotional balance and build resilience.
Heart-Based Education creates a balanced integration of mental, emotional and physiological factors, thus producing high-performance results.
HeartMath training programs impact sports performance by:
- Preparing athletes for activities that require concentration and motor coordination.
- Maximizing emotional calm, concentration and focus during competitions.
- Moving athletes into "the zone" for achieving their best.
- Lowering performance anxiety, transforming feelings stress and worry into productive energy.
- Improving teamwork and communication with coaches and parents.
- Giving athletes instant feedback for stabilizing emotions, balancing the autonomic nervous system.
- Helping athletes develop skills for creating a calm.
- Enabling athletes to shift attitudes fast so sports activities are always satisfying.
We are pleased to announce that we are now accepting clients for Health Coaching.
- Biofeedback is a complementary medicine technique that teaches people to control bodily functions, such as your heart rate, using your mind. Biofeedback uses state of the art electrical sensors that help you measure and receive information (feedback) about your body (bio). The biofeedback therapist teaches you to read this information so you can make make subtle changes in your body that can bring you back to a state of balance.
- In essence, biofeedback gives you the power to use your thoughts to control your body, often to help with a health condition or physical performance. Biofeedback is often used as a relaxation technique, and it has been shown to be beneficial for numerous health challenges.
- Biofeedback is a tool, one of many available to people who want to learn to improve their health naturally. For many, biofeedback bridges the gap between mind and body. For example, learning how thoughts and emotions affect the heart rate can lead to achieving the results you want, such as improving your golf game or reducing pain.
Reseach has shown that Biofeedback is helpful for
- Migraine headaches, tension headaches, and many other types of pain
- Disorders of the digestive system
- High blood pressure and its opposite, low blood pressure
- Cardiac arrhythmias (abnormalities, sometimes dangerous, in the rhythm of the heartbeat)
- Raynaud's disease (a circulatory disorder that causes uncomfortably cold hands)
- Sleep disturbances
NC Healthworx offers hypnosis for the following:
- Smoking Cessation
- Dental Anxiety
- Pain Management
- Fear of Flying
- Peak Performance
- Test Anxiety
Hypnosis, also referred to as hypnotherapy or hypnotic suggestion, is a trance-like state in which you have heightened focus, concentration and an activated imagination. When you're under hypnosis, you usually feel calm and relaxed, and many people find that they are able to achieve better results when they align the conscious and unconscious mind to achieve a goal.
Under hypnosis, you're more open than usual to suggestions, and this can be used to modify your perceptions, behavior, sensations and emotions. Therapeutic hypnosis is used to improve your health and well-being and is different from the stage hypnosis used by entertainers. Although you're more open to suggestion during therapeutic hypnosis, your free will remains intact and you retain total control over your behavior.
Before any client is accepted into a hypnosis session, a no obligation free screening is conducted, to ensure that hypnosis is right for you and to answer any questions you may have.
Canine massage is a branch of massage therapy that promotes health in dogs. Specifically, canine massage therapy is a form of alternative therapy the benefits of which may include relaxation, increased oxygenation, relief from pain, improved joint flexibility, as well as miscellaneous benefits to the immune system. It uses touch to maintain or improve both physical and emotional well-being.
Canine massage therapy should not be used as a substitute for veterinary medical care. However, when used in combination with medical care, it can help enhance the recovery process in many medical cases.
Deep Tissue Massage is a form of bodywork that aims to relieve tension in the deeper layers of tissue in the body. Deep Tissue Massage is a highly effective method for releasing chronic stress areas due to misalignment, repetitive motions, and past lingering injuries. Due to the nature of the deep tissue work, open communication during the session is crucial to make sure you don’t get too uncomfortable. Keep in mind that soreness is pretty common after the treatment, and that plenty of water should be ingested to aid with the flushing and removal of toxins that will have been released from the deep tissue during the session.
Developed by Aaron Mattes, Active Isolated Stretching (AIS) is a dynamic system for improving your flexibility and overall well-being. As you probably already know, stretching your muscles not only reduces your chance of injury, but also strengthens your tendons and improves your circulation.
Swedish Massage is a very relaxing and therapeutic style of bodywork. It combines oils or lotion with an array of strokes such as rolling, kneading, and percussion to help the body improve its circulation. The benefits of this type of bodywork are wide-ranging and include relief from aches and pains, decreased stress levels in the body, enhanced mental clarity, improved appearance, and greater flexibility.
Cancer, HIV / AIDS & Hospice changes one's life forever. It affects the family and loved ones and everyone surrounding this person. This is a time for gentle, nuturing, supporting, tender, calming, relaxing, peaceful, and loving touch. Cancer, HIV / AIDS & Hospice provides relaxation, comfort, stress reduction and quality of life. It helps reconnect the body, mind and spirit. And above all else, IT FEELS GOOD!
"If I could purr like a cat I would."
-cancer client 2009